Our Heritage  / Special Places Project


Rivers / Daly Site Inventory  /  Page 2: Bradwardine and Area Part 2


59.F.2. Tarbolton Cemetery

Construction Date:  1988

Location:  NW 21-11-22

Origins:

- Sibbald and J. Joynt each offered land
- quick decision prompted by the death on July 2, 1888 of a child Mary Jane  Wood – first funeral  on July 4, 1888
- Named after a village in Scotland that was for a time home to Robert Burns.

Features:


59.F.1. St. Matthews Cemetery - Ancrum

Construction Date:  1908

Location: 

Bradwardine area - SE 20-12-22
Ancrum Church was 1/2 mile south

Origins:

Features:



59.M.1. Bradwardine Village Site

Construction Date: 

Location:   Bradwardine

Origins: 1902

- site chosen by CPR. for a stop on its branch line from Brandon to Lenore
- Bradwardine Post Office had existed in the region, but not on this site, since the 1880’s.
- Nearby Communities of Tarbolton and Ancrum had churches and cemeteries established.

Features:


59.F.3. Tarbolton School Site

Construction Date: 
Cairn 2007

Location:  NE 20-11-22


Origins:

First school 1883
New structure 1907
Closed 1948

Features:


59.M.2. Bridge over Oak River

Construction Date:  ca. 1920

Location:  South of Bradwardine SW 6 -12-22


Origins:

Features:

- on the main road south from Bradwardine.
- modest example of this style of concrete bridge construction



59.M.3. Former Railway Bridge

Construction Date:  1908

Location:  East of Bradwardine

Origins:

Features:


59.E.1. Spring Valley School

Construction Date:  1937

Location:  NW 10-11-22

Origins:

Spring Valley SD # 649 (1891 – 1967)

The school was built ca. 1888 by John Moore on 12-11-22 and moved by George Buller to NE 11-11-22 about 1895. It burned in 1937 and was rebuilt mile west. It closed in 1948

Features: